A blog about hats, travel, food, and most of all style.

September 14, 2009

Jim Carroll

So as I have mentioned, I am from Oklahoma. Being from the sticks, I have always been fascinated by William Burroughs, Hubert Selby Jr., Jack Kerouac, etc. junkie/ex-junkie NYC style writers. Among these Jim Carroll was a favorite. I also had his 1st record which I played VERY loudly on constant repeat for most of my formative years. Ironically, last week I watched Basketball Diaries with my GF. I told her all about Mr. Carroll and his books and poetry. That was a special time in this country when a great writer could become famous because of his/her writing. It kind of reminds me of Damon Dash's recent passing. Always sad when a great artist leaves us. Who remains? The less adventurous? As I like to say, where is our Bob Dylan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers