A blog about hats, travel, food, and most of all style.

August 5, 2009

Cowboys

My background as an Oklahoman seems to surprise some people. My Dad was a legitimate cowboy, he went to rodeos (as a header), he broke horses, he owned cattle. I think he is a lot of the reason that I am a straight guy in the fashion industry. Cowboys are one of the few American subcultures that allow the members to be both macho/bad ass and stylish/vain. If you've ever been to a rodeo you know what I mean. Just before these guys get on a huge mean bull that is going to throw them onto the dirt covered ground they are sporting starched white shirts, pressed wranglers, and a clean perfectly fitted Stetson. If you are looking for true American style look no further than the cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers